Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day Two

Today is day two of my return. I got late to work. Big surprise, eh?! But I forgive myself for it. It's all the medication's fault, I promise! But seriously, I've been much more late in the past. I've been given some project at work. I am taking it one week at a time. At the end of each week, I will decide if I should continue. It doesn't matter whether the project is interesting or not. I don't really care about it. They aren't going to pay me for free! There are things that are interesting about it and I'm going to try to focus on that. But this is probably a way for them to test my motivation level after a two month break. I believe that I am motivated for the right work. I am going to start looking for jobs in either a university or in a company that makes music software. Josephine has advised me to look into the option of becoming a financial adviser. I am told some of these big investment companies sponsor people to become financial advisers by paying them a salary in their first year of work provided they are able to build a client base. No work is easy of course, and the salary won't be what I am making here. But at least I won't be looking at no stinking computer code! All options to consider. As long as the salary covers my rent and car payment, I think I will be comfortable. I visited with Josephine for about 45 mins last night. I have to say that although we've not talked about the possibility of being back into official "dating" mode, I am feeling a healthy and strong connection with her. I did not feel this when we were together before. As usual with dating and women, things never seem to happen in a logical, serial progression. You always have decisions to make. The problem is that I have also been seeing Patti over the last three weeks. Patti is a woman I met recently at a bay area linkup event. We hit it off and decided to get to know each other a little better. Patti now wants to accelerate our dating into committed mode, and I am not ready for that, mainly because of what might be developing again with Josephine. I like Patti a lot and she is a likable and nice woman, but there is a significant age difference between us and that, in my mind, precludes the possibility of anything long term. Josephine is a lot closer in age to me. I really do not want to hurt anybody. Isn't life fun? But I can say this with certainty - having women to spend time with sure beats the hell out of being a stressed-out basket case (like I was back in February). Maybe I should be writing a soap opera.

No comments: