Monday, November 27, 2006

An Update

This entry will just give you an update about things that are going on in my life.

A few days ago, I wrote a piece on relationships. Now I want to tell you that the relationship with the person in question is officially over. We haven't really "talked" about it, but I don't think we necessarily need to have a conversation to make it official. Given our past and now our present, I feel that we seem out of tune with each other. We have had more miscommunications than good communication. In general, the relationship seemed misaligned in several ways. So I have decided to end it.

I don't have any other dating "prospects" lined up, and I have some space in my life now that will need to be filled. The natural impulse is to scramble frantically to "find someone else", but because this is a temporary situation and more of a mental state, I will let it pass.

On to other things. I have shared this blog with some people and have received very encouraging feedback on the quality of the writing. I now want to try and develop this as a skill, and I realize that it won't do to write about myself all the time, unless I want to put people to sleep! To the end of writing to a larger audience, someone has given me the idea of writing book reviews. In general, I think it would be in my interest to develop a broader awareness so that I can have more things to write about.

Two weeks ago, I finally worked on my resume and placed it on an online job site. This is a big step. The resume is currently geared towards a software development career. I know that I have had some big issues with this career, but I need to find something in order to pay the bills. Something that, while it may not pay quite a six figure salary, will allow me to work an eight hour day while I work on my career plans. At this point my career plans are to take the GMAT and get into an MBA program, or to take the LSAT and get into law school. I have not yet started studying for the test. I hope it is a matter of time for the motivation to come.

Musically, things are going OK, but not with quite enough (or any) structure and direction. Since I have interests in several styles of music, it is natural that not all of them can progress at the same rate at the same time. However, I am having a lot of trouble keeping my focus, as in other parts of my life. I am still looking for a solution to this.

2 comments:

MS said...

yet another very readable piece. yes why not write till you find something that distracts you. i believe there are many online opportunities of this kind. i see all kinds of ads and many organisations look for online editors also. some of the UN and world bank sites could be browsed just for academic interest if nothing else. writing well seems to come to you naturally. so worth exploring.

KS Subramanian said...

Thanks. You need to work to fill your belly and pay the bills. This can be done at present only in the field you have already specialized in. New fields can only be taken up along with a job in the field of your specialisation. Even creative writers must often work to earn a living except in some cases. I would be happy if you look around for an Indian girl or take Dolly's advice for one. Love. Kadayam.