Hello.
The psych ward has been on recess. It is now 2016. Sandi and I have been together for 8 years. It is my longest relationship, and it has been quite a good one.
My previous post on "avoidance avoidance" said I hadn't paid rent for living with her since Dec 2010.
Shortly after that blog was written, I started contributing a little more than half the rent. It made me feel much better, and now I have paid roughly 19 months' rent without any lapses. I am proud that I have been able to get back to paying rent without dipping any more into my IRA.
Now, the career inaction has continued. I have had a few changes in my overall "cosmic" being, but it hasn't quite resulted in a lot of action on the job front.
I did get certified in SAS. A fellow tango dancer was kind enough to loan me the money just to get me started on the job front. I now have a little competence in the Hadoop suite of data analysis tools.
I got my SAS certification over a year ago but haven't looked for any jobs. I have free access to a $3000 training course in Hadoop and a voucher to take the certification test for free.
Motivation eludes me. I seem to have no obvious sense of urgency about my predicament, and I have fallen so far since 2008.
But something has to change. I think of all the things I would like to do in tango. And exactly all those things are not possible today because I don't have the money.
So how about we make a list of all the things tango that I want from life (and maybe some non-tango too). Such list will help motivate me for my job search.
- a place of my own!
- a DANCE FLOOR in this place. At least 400 square feet.
- a place to entertain women
- a month of intensive tango training with a professional couple of my choice
- travel to Istanbul, Spain and Europe for tango festivals
- travel to Buenos Aires to hone my tango skills
- building a DJ career
- ability to buy a home
- a place to visit for my parents, so I can invite them to town
- a home in the US for my parents
- separation from Sandi
The psych ward has been on recess. It is now 2016. Sandi and I have been together for 8 years. It is my longest relationship, and it has been quite a good one.
My previous post on "avoidance avoidance" said I hadn't paid rent for living with her since Dec 2010.
Shortly after that blog was written, I started contributing a little more than half the rent. It made me feel much better, and now I have paid roughly 19 months' rent without any lapses. I am proud that I have been able to get back to paying rent without dipping any more into my IRA.
Now, the career inaction has continued. I have had a few changes in my overall "cosmic" being, but it hasn't quite resulted in a lot of action on the job front.
I did get certified in SAS. A fellow tango dancer was kind enough to loan me the money just to get me started on the job front. I now have a little competence in the Hadoop suite of data analysis tools.
I got my SAS certification over a year ago but haven't looked for any jobs. I have free access to a $3000 training course in Hadoop and a voucher to take the certification test for free.
Motivation eludes me. I seem to have no obvious sense of urgency about my predicament, and I have fallen so far since 2008.
But something has to change. I think of all the things I would like to do in tango. And exactly all those things are not possible today because I don't have the money.
So how about we make a list of all the things tango that I want from life (and maybe some non-tango too). Such list will help motivate me for my job search.
- a place of my own!
- a DANCE FLOOR in this place. At least 400 square feet.
- a place to entertain women
- a month of intensive tango training with a professional couple of my choice
- travel to Istanbul, Spain and Europe for tango festivals
- travel to Buenos Aires to hone my tango skills
- building a DJ career
- ability to buy a home
- a place to visit for my parents, so I can invite them to town
- a home in the US for my parents
- separation from Sandi
No comments:
Post a Comment